Tuesday, September 24, 2013

You Only Lagos Once

Hey people,

I just got back from my first trip out of the country to Lagos, Portugal. It was literally the most incredible weekend I could have asked for- I loved every second of it!! (well except for the bus rides). We left Madrid at 1 AM Friday morning for a 6 hour bus ride to Sevilla- it was freezing and I barely slept. That was followed by a half hour walk to the Discover Excursions bus pick up site, followed by a 2 hour wait. When the Discover Excursions guys finally arrived we loaded onto another bus for a final 3 hour journey to Portugal. When we finally arrived and saw the view of the beach we were staying at I realized it was so worth it.

Jealous?
That first day we went for a quick walk on the beach- the water is as amazing as it looks- and ate some lunch. After this we went on a sangria boat cruise (with unlimited drinks heehee) While there we also got to go on a small speed boat tour of some awesome caves and we dove in the water right off the boat. That was definitely my favorite part of the whole weekend.

Me and my sangria :)
We hung out in a cool Irish bar until dinner when we went into the town center- super cute with lots of restaurants and shops- a perfect little beach town. For dinner we went to a diner where they had special menus just for us Discover Excursions people which included a meal and 2 drinks and I got fajitas!!!!!! After that we went to a bar with Benny, one of the guys in charge (he was British!) and then went back to sleep. The next two days were spent wandering from the beach to the pool either laying in the sun or swimming. Pointing out right now that I got a tan for the first time ever!!

Climbing some cliffs
Saturday we also took a bus over to the west coast to see the end of the world sunset. They call it that because people used to think that was the end of the world. It was so beautiful none of my pictures can do it justice.


Finally we had to leave on Sunday unfortunately. The first bus ride was awesome- we watched a movie!! And the second bus ride was so hot I thought I was actually going to melt into a puddle on the floor. Even though I had an amazing time away walking out of the metro at 7 AM Monday morning I was so happy to be home. Then I realized I'm only going to be here for a few days before I'm off again- this time to London. Shout out to Caroline and Peter I literally can't wait to see you!!!!

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment