Sunday, September 8, 2013

Let the Games Begin

Hey people,

So I've been here for like over a week now and there is just so much going on and so much that I've already done here. First things first, my classes have started at Suffolk. It's so weird going to a school that's so small (only 4 classrooms) and also one that has so many pictures of Boston everywhere. Of course the class I was most excited for, Mediterranean Societies, got cancelled and I had to switch out but it's ok. My classes now are Psychology, American Literature, World Empires and Globalization, and the History of Spain. My classes seem like they might actually be easy, by that I mean I only have 5 papers this semester. Guys that is like a miracle keep your fingers crossed they're nice and easy.

My usual days now consist of watching tv (I know I promised not to but did anyone really think it was going to happen?) and going for walks in Retiro Park. Every time I go there I see something new and I always find new paths to walk (including the time I couldn't find my way out for 1 hr and 40 min). I literally cannot get over how beautiful it is there. But I have also seen some other stuff, including a different park- Templo de Debod. This park has an Egyptian temple in it- I'm serious an entire temple was moved here from Egypt as a gift to Spain- so cool!

 
 
I have found some pretty cool bars to hang out in, well other people found them and I went too, there's Dubliners (an Irish bar), Pin Up (has super cheap drinks), and my favorite that I of course forget the name of that looks like you're inside a cave and drinks come out of the ceiling. My latest adventure was to the Madrid Zoo and Aquarium, which is I think my favorite thing I've done so far. They have so many cool animals- pandas, koalas, a baby elephant, lots of rhinos and a pretty good amount of sharks. They have a bear that will sit up and wave at you if you call hola and wave to him. My favorite part was the dolphin show, which was amazing!!
 

Bear waving at us

Dolphins jumping over the trainer

 Alright I think that's it for now, but I'm sure I'll have more things to talk about soon!

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment