Thursday, November 14, 2013

Yay Friends!!!

Hey people,

Sorry it's been a while again but I literally have so much work to do since the semester's almost over
:( But this past weekend was awesome because I got to see Caroline, Peter and Lexi!!! Before that though I also went to El Escorial on Friday morning. El Escorial is a monastery and also was previously the summer palace when it was built in the 16th/17th century. I saw the library, which is the second most important Christian library after the Vatican and has lots of original manuscripts- the oldest from the 5th century. I also saw the royal crypt which was incredibly cool and also really gross but I won't talk about that here haha. That was about it before I headed back to Madrid and to the airport to pick up Peter and Caroline.

El Escorial

The first night we went to El Tigre at like 1 AM and then to Dubliners of course. The next day was packed with all the Madrid things I could think of- Sol, Plaza Mayor, the royal Palace, and Retiro park. It was also a holiday (patron saint of Madrid?) so there were tons of people everywhere. The best thing though was renting a row boat in Retiro and we didn't even crash. Then we headed back to the airport to get Lexi and eat dinner at Tierra and basically just hang out. Unfortunately Lexi had to leave after only a couple of hours but I am so glad we all got to be together it was so fun and I missed everyone so much.

Peter and Caroline rowing
Everyone together again :)
Templo de Debod
Our last day we went to the Egyptian Temple of Debod and did some shopping before Caroline and Peter needed to leave too. It was a great weekend before having to go back to all my work, which is unfortunately what I have to do right now too. I will write again after this weekend because I'm going to Morocco so I'll definitely have some great stories to tell.

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment