Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gooooool!!!!

Hey people,

Sorry I haven't written in a while but nothing much has been going on here besides homework and laziness. Last week I did get to do something super awesome though- I went to a fĂștbol game!! It was Real Madrid vs. Sevilla. I know that Spanish people are crazy about soccer but you can't fully understand until you go to an actual game. They were screaming and chanting and singing the entire game- one guy even brought a drum to encourage his section. There was only one fight that I noticed but I thought for sure the one lady rooting for Sevilla in our section was going to die (she didn't).


Me in the front row!!

Then there was the actual game itself- me and Meaghan were sitting in the front row because the ticket guy clearly loved us. I had a jersey with a random new British player on it because clearly I know nothing about soccer and the store was out of Ronaldo shirts so the saleswoman was like "hey this guy's British" although I don't know how she knew that would work. Anyway my new favorite player, Bale, ended up scoring the first 2 goals (spelt gool in Spanish apparently, my title is not just a stupid spelling mistake). At the end of the game we won 7-3 and it was, according to everyone I talked to, the most exciting game of the season. I completely agree and add that it was the most exciting sporting event that I have ever been to yay fĂștbol!!!

Actiony shot

Celebrating after a goal

Next weekend things will pick back up when Peter and Caroline and maybe even Lexi come visit me!!!

Love,
Sam
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment