Sunday, October 20, 2013

Midterms Ahhhhh!!!

Hey people,

I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I last posted but things have been crazy busy around here since midterms started. Also can I say- how is it possible that I'm already halfway done?? I am now at the point where I love it here so much that the idea of ever having to leave kills me a little bit. But it's ok because I still have some time left and lots to do. Besides doing lots of studying and paper writing I have been out exploring Madrid some more too. Last weekend I went shopping with Meaghan (my roommate) and later we joined our friend Brooke and actually went to Kapital. It is the biggest, most popular club in Madrid- it's 7 stories and all of them are different. It was really fun and insane and I have lots of stories that I won't write here because that would take forever. I finally feel like a real Spanish person for going to this club at 1 and coming home at 7 which is what they do like every night!

Kapital!!

The next day Meaghan and I went to the Reina Sophia museum and saw lots of cool art. It's more modern than the Prado and has lots of Picasso's in there. It was pretty awesome- here are some of my favorites.

A World by Angeles Santos Torroella

Guernica by Picasso (was not supposed to take this pic haha)

Magala Garden by Francisco Iturrino

I also finally went to El Tigre!! It's a tapas place that everyone loves and now I know why :) You go in and just order a drink and they give you a huge one followed by lots of delicious Spanish food for free.

soooo good!!

One more thing that I realized I haven't talked about yet is the English classes I've been teaching. I teach a 15 year old girl on Tuesday and on Thursday I teach two sisters that are 19 and 16. Their English is pretty much perfect so I'm getting paid to just help with homework and talk to them in English yay! This weekend I was traveling around Spain but I'll have to come back to that in a few days because I still have more studying to do.

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment