Friday, December 13, 2013

The End

Hey People,

Today is officially my last day in Madrid. I still can't quite believe that, it feels like I just got here. I am excited to go home and see my friends and my family and my dog and most importantly eat a ton of good food, but at the same time I really don't want to leave. This has been one of the best experiences of my life and the idea that it's ending is killing me. The second I left America I was homesick and the first week I was here I hated it and just wanted to go home. Since then so much has changed and believe it or not I wasn't homesick once after that. I loved Madrid a lot more than I thought I would and the worst part about leaving is the idea that I can't just go back and visit- it's kind of far away. I'm going to miss so many things about this place- my favorite restaurants, going for walks in Retiro, being able to travel so easily. I'm also going to miss some of the people I met here- I made some really good friends. In my last week I have finished all my classes, papers, and finals and wandered around Madrid doing all the things that I hadn't done yet. I finished my Christmas shopping and I packed all my stuff. I've even said most of my goodbyes at a farewell dinner last night. I'm sitting in my empty room right now crying and already missing Madrid. But it's ok, I have no regrets and I know that someday I'll come back again. Hopefully my next and final blog post once I'm home will be slightly happier than this one haha sorry about that. But for now hasta luego Madrid, it's been absolutely wonderful.

Giant Christmas Tree

Dinner at the oldest restaurant in the world

Christmas Market


Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment